General Electric Automatic Vacuum

  • eccopronto
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
      Has anyone used the GE Vacuum pot on a gas stove? And I wonder how available are the gaskets for those pots. Any advice would be appreciated as I want to pick one up.

      Thanks

      Leonard
    • 1buddaman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
        Hey Leonard,

        Yes, I've used one of my GEs on the stove and it worked great. The one I used was an early version before the automatics came out. There shouldn't be any problem that I can see. There is the little hole in the bottom of the stem and I 'm not sure of the effect on the vacuum. You can always use a flame spreader if you have a concern about the direct contact. I used a Cory rod and it worked fine.

        Peter

        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "eccopronto" <lennylenny@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone used the GE Vacuum pot on a gas stove? And I wonder how available are the gaskets for those pots. Any advice would be appreciated as I want to pick one up.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Leonard

      • eccopronto
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013