Silex Collector

  • jarh1952
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2013
      Hi there!
      I've been collecting Silex brand vacuum coffeemakers for almost 40 years and have a very large collection of different units. Back in the 70s, I haunted hardware stores searching for replacement glass and hardware in order to create full units. I have many replacement bowls and am still looking for a few after all these years. I use my Silex (8-cup Bretton) every day and love the coffee. Would love to talk to anyone else who collects these - only Silex.
    • jarh1952
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hello,
        I've been collecting Silex Vacuum coffeemakersfor about 30 years and have many extra bowls that I'd be interested in selling to other collectors. I have almost every model manufactured, some of which were pieced together by finding bowls, handles, etc. in different hardware stores long after The Silex Co. became Proctor-Silex and Pyrex ceased to manufacture the glass. Of course I use my 8-cup Bretton model every day!

        JH