Re: Beware the hey message

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
      I have deleted the message as the link was SPAM. Don't remember Larry's account ever being compromised before. Will check with Larry to see what he knows about this.

      Philip

      --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "opinicize" wrote:

      > Be careful not to click open the link on the hey message from Larry before checking with him to see if he is really the one who sent it. This message has been making the rounds on the yahoo groups and there is some concern about it since many feel they have been hacked. Also concern that a virus might be introduced through that link.

    • Philip
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
        I have been in contact with our Fearless Leader (Larry) and he did indeed have two email accounts compromised. We are working to fix that today, but if you have received a personal email from Larry in the last day sharing a link to open, delete the email immediately for your own protection. Larry thanks you all for your understanding.

        Philip

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
          I have heard from a number of owners of other yahoo related groups. There is a wide spread problem with hacked accounts and not from any single group as a source.  Being totally helpless with computers I have no clue as to what an how all this works.  I am hoping that my changing of the pass word will suffice but if it does not then we may expect to see more emails probably during the night when evidently in some foreign country they have little else to do.  I guess time will tell.

          thanks for your patience and I feel for all those who have had similar issues here.