Quiet around here

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2013
      What happened to everybody? It's been around three months since the last post. I'm still enjoying my daily vac pot brew, even if I don't have any new purchases. Usually brew in my Yama 8-cup, but have been using my Bodum Santos Electric 5-cup a lot lately. My girlfriend likes using it. Makes great coffee, just not quite what a stove-top can do. My Sunbeam Coffeemaster sometimes sees use, but the Bodum makes better coffee, so it doesn't as much use. Haven't been shopping for any collectables lately, as funds are lower than they used to be. Haven't roasted any beans for almost three months now. I've been using 8:00 Bean Colombian. Hope to be able to get some green beans in the next month or so.
      Made coffee a few times in my moms old GE percolator and my old Dormyer percolator. They make a decent cup, but not in the same class as my vac pots.
      I bought one of those stainless steel mesh screen Yama filters (the one that unscrews into two parts)About a year ago. Best filter I've ever used. No sediment gets through even with my KitchenAid Pro mill doing the grinding. It's finer mesh than the old sunbeams and the plastic/nylon Bodem Santos Electric filters. Only cloth filters did as good of a job before. These steel filters taste a bit better, as more oils seem to get through consistently. Cleans easy, too. Don't work in the Coffeemaster's, though. They fit down into the well and plug up easy. They work in the glass Yama and the Bodum Santos Electric, and should work in most glass stove-top vac pots.
      Guess that's my update on what's been happening lately here.

      Dave
    • carol.vesperino
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2013
        Dave,
        Every one's been busy and the best flea markets don't open until it
        gets warm.
        Carol V___Pa.