Re: [vacpot] Farberware Robot

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2012
      Brian,

      Yes the filter has a small bulbous type filter in the center and rest in the uptake tube similar to the Cory or Silex glass rods..  Your pot if working correctly should return the water but as I have pointed out in the past, many of these electrical units are very old and primitive and over time do not operate as they once did..  However if the unit is  raising the water but not returning it in a time you think it should you always have the option of pulling the plug..

      From: larryhollenb@...
      Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 10:04:10 -0700
      Subject: Re: [vacpot] Farberware Robot Replacement Globe?

      The rules for ebay have said for some time now that the "seller is responsible for the item getting to the persons home in the condition sold".. AT that point they eliminated the insurance surcharge the sellers used to be able to put on an item..  I see a lot of sellers say you have to buy insurance but that is not so.  They are supposed to include it in the cost or the fees.  If its broken you are entitled to a full refund from the seller. If you don't get it I would file a complaint though the resolution links in ebay or paypal.      I think when you give feedback if you give less than a two star rating you automatically get a screen that ask if there was a problem and from there a link to getting it fixed.

      good luck..  Personally on the Robots I had lousy luck an never got one to work correctly or the seals to work well.

      From: bigjuggler27 <bigjuggler27@...>
      Subject: [vacpot] Farberware Robot Replacement Globe?
      To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 3, 2012, 5:44 AM

      Hello all. I am asking this question with a bit of faint hope, but I am wondering if there are any globes out there that will fit and work with a Farberware Robot 500.

      My sad tale is that after lurking here for a very long time and searching for about 2 years I finally won an ebay auction for a Farberware 500. Crushingly, the seller wrapped a single layer of bubble wrap around the globe and stuck it all in a flimsy cardboard box (formerly used to ship plastic straws!). I am culpable that in my rush to pay promptly, I did not specifically request insurance (I am in Canada and usually international shipping includes insurance).

      The globe is smashed. The urn is dented. I am a very, very sad.

      I know that someone here sells new gaskets for the 500s, as well as Cory's, which leads me to my faint hope question....is there any globe around that might fit. Something I can look for on ebay?

      I am an espresso guy and ages ago picked up a Silex Vac Pot at a thrift store and I LOVE the coffee it makes. I was very excited to to try a Robot out for dinner guests. Sigh.

      Any hope here?

      Cheers,

      Craig

    • Philip
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 12, 2012
        There is a set of original Robot instructions in the Photo Album "Farberware Coffee Robot Directions/Tag" for your reference.

        Philip