mismatched pot

  • cvthedragonlady@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hi All!!!
      I was taking a closer look at my pots and discovered one had a Cory
      top with a Pyrex bottom. They fit great, and I never looked to check out
      whether or not they started out life together. It's my "everyday" pot as the
      bottom is white from scratches --- someone must have burned coffee & used
      Brillo.
      In the Corning Pyrex box I found a pamphlet that tells how to make
      perfect coffee in perc, drip or vaccuum pots. Their measurements are a coffee
      measure, which is 2 level measuring tablespoons. I can scan this and
      upload if you'd like. The price printed on the box from Corning was $6.98. If
      only you could buy them new for that now!!!!!
      Thank you again for all the help with the GE pot and it's little hole.
      Carol V_____Pa.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012
        Carol,

        If your pyrex literature is different from the couple pages for a manhattan Pyrex pot then I would think it would be of interest.  There is an album for those if you haven't yet seen it in the photos..  Its under Instructions for Vacuum Pots. I would add it there.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2012
          Larry,
          My pamphlet is different. I tried downloading the file, but it
          wouldn't download. Due to the length of the pamphlet unfolded, it wouldn't fit my
          scanner for 2 scans. I folded it in half and have 4 scans. Can I send the
          zip file to you and you can mess with it?
          My file has directions for perc, drip, vaccuum and instant all in
          Pyrex pots, with pictures of the various pots on the front page.
          Carol

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2012
            Carol,

            I have edited your PDF and created separate pages as well as a new PDF (fixed the skewed scan.) Everyone can now see your scanned instructions on the last page of the Photo Album "Instructions for Vacuum makers" with all of the other instructions that have been contributed.

            I uploaded the PDF of your instructions to the Files Section where it is available for download by any member.

            Thanks for your efforts and contributions to the success of our group!

            Philip

          • cvthedragonlady@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 2012
              Philip,
              Thank you!! Try scanning with a cockatoo sitting in your lap and
              trying to rip the keyboard apart when you look away, and you'll know why one
              scan was "off". I thought the pamphlet was interesting for all coffee maker
              types, except for the automatic drips. I'm just glad that you can get it
              where it belongs.
              Carol