Re: [vacpot] New member Dave from North Carolina

  • Dave Bellware
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 12, 2012
      Coarsely ground with a vacpot, Robert? I don't run into very many
      people who use as little coffee as I do, and you only use half of what I
      generally use.
      Dave B

      On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Robert Bennett II <
      rbennett47@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Sounds good....Personally, I use about 20 grams of coarsely ground (one
      > notch counterclockwise from the middle of a supermarket grinder) with 50oz
      > of water...A chacun son gout....or something. Keep at it...!!

    • Robert Bennett II
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 18, 2012
        Yes. it would be good to know if they work. Looks like he's into it enough to do a good product...Bob

        From: big_bells <bigbells@...>
        Subject: [vacpot] Re: New member Dave from North Carolina
        To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 4:08 PM

        I've now received all 3 of the C30 models that I bought on Ebay. Out of the three, only one has a good enough gasket on the top part to create an airtight seal with the bottom part. The three bottom parts all click from high to low faster than the recommended 15 seconds when tested with the "high heat setting" cold water test in the service manual. Oddly enough, the bottom part that clicks the slowest agitates the brew in the upper container for the shortest period of time, so that's the one I'm now using for my daily one or two pots of coffee. Maybe it makes sense that the higher heat setting produces shorter agitation but it seems counter-intuitive.