RE: [vacpot] Re: Filtering

  • Ian Bersten
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 26, 2012
      You are welcome. The interesting thing is that this phenomenon escaped the
      gaze of all who wrote about coffee from over 300 years - including me. You
      do not see it if you use 10 grams per cup because the water becomes so dark
      that the difference is obscured.

      Thank you Ian for once again sharing your lifetime of experience and wisdom
      with us.

      Philip Petty

      --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:vacuumcoffeepotcollector%40yahoogroups.com> , "Ian Bersten"
      <ian@...> wrote:

      > I would like to share with you a new discovery - or rather one that has
      > never been written about.
      >
      > Coffee flavour extraction is more or less proportional to surface area.
      >
      > This is very important for vac pots because the filtering mechanism
      > determines the possible grind size.
      >
      > IF YOU TAKE A GRINDER AND GRIND YOUR NORMAL GRIND AND THEN SIEVE IT SO
      THAT
      > THE VERY SMALL PARTICLES ARE not IN THE GRIND AND THEN
      >
      > TAKE 2 GRAMS OF COARSE AND 2 GRAMS FINE AND BREW THEM IN A GLASS
      SEPARATELY