Re: [vacpot] First timer advise: Yama 8 Cup

  • Dave Leonard
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 17, 2012
      The best way to keep that cloth filter nice and white is to rinse the coffee out of it and place it in a very hot cup of water with some oxygen cleaner (I use Sun Cleaner from Walmart) with a drop or two of liquid dish-washing detergent.  This acts as a dispersant and lets the Oxy cleaner spread into all the weave nicely. I have hard water and everything white turns yellow. The oxy cleaner and soap keep it nice and white. I use about 1/4 teaspoon of cleaner in a small cup. I let is sit until the next pot is ready to brew. Rinse it thoroughly before using again.

      Dave in Michigan

      Dave Leonard
      The Hurdy-Gurdy Man,