Changing the rubber seal on a Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C

  • BRIAN LESCALLEET
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2011
      Hello to our Sunbeam Coffeemaster users,

      To change the rubber seal on the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C, how do you remove the metal "teeth" ring from the seal?

      Thanks,
      Brian

    • lee_d_33712
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 10, 2011
        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:

        > Hello to our Sunbeam Coffeemaster users,
        >
        > To change the rubber seal on the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C, how do you remove the metal "teeth" ring from the seal?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brian

        Check out DAYSEAL.com for full factory instructions under the install
        page, Lee
      • BRIAN LESCALLEET
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 11, 2011
          Hello Lee,
          I looked at the factory instructions on DAYSEAL. Here is what I don't quite understand . . . I have disassembled the gasket from the rest of the parts. The metal ring inside and attached to the gasket has holes around the entire ring which are threaded by the gasket on both sides of the metal ring. I cannot remove the gasket by just using a pair of pliers . . . Do I have to cut the gasket off the metal ring to separate these two parts?

          Thanks for your help,
          Brian

          To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
          From: lee_d_33712@...
          Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:49:37 +0000
          Subject: [vacpot] Re: Changing the rubber seal on a Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C

          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:

          > Hello to our Sunbeam Coffeemaster users,
          >
          > To change the rubber seal on the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C, how do you remove the metal "teeth" ring from the seal?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Brian

          Check out DAYSEAL.com for full factory instructions under the install
          page, Lee

        • Mark Hartman
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 11, 2011
            I haven't purchased the DAYSEAL gasket, but I have dismantled my old gasket and I did cut the gasket bits that held in the metal ring. It looks like the metal ring was originally molded into the rubber. I assume that with the DAYSEAL gasket there is simply a space for the metal ring.

            Mark

            Sent from my iPad

            On Nov 11, 2011, at 10:08, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:

            > Hello Lee,
            > I looked at the factory instructions on DAYSEAL. Here is what I don't quite understand . . . I have disassembled the gasket from the rest of the parts. The metal ring inside and attached to the gasket has holes around the entire ring which are threaded by the gasket on both sides of the metal ring. I cannot remove the gasket by just using a pair of pliers . . . Do I have to cut the gasket off the metal ring to separate these two parts?
            >
            > Thanks for your help,
            > Brian
            >

            > To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
            > From: lee_d_33712@...
            > Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:49:37 +0000
            > Subject: [vacpot] Re: Changing the rubber seal on a Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C
            >

            > --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:
            >>

            >> Hello to our Sunbeam Coffeemaster users,
            >>
            >> To change the rubber seal on the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C, how do you remove the metal "teeth" ring from the seal?
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >> Brian

            > Check out DAYSEAL.com for full factory instructions under the install
            > page, Lee

          • BRIAN LESCALLEET
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 11, 2011
              Thanks, Mark.
              I thought that I was missing something in the factory instructions, but there is no way that the gasket will separate from the metal ring unless each individual gasket "thread" is cut from their hole in the ring. I am waiting for a reply from DAYSEAL to see what they have to say . . .

              Thanks again,
              Brian

              To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
              From: kiltmark@...
              Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:31:31 -0500

              I haven't purchased the DAYSEAL gasket, but I have dismantled my old gasket and I did cut the gasket bits that held in the metal ring. It looks like the metal ring was originally molded into the rubber. I assume that with the DAYSEAL gasket there is simply a space for the metal ring.

              Mark

              Sent from my iPad

              On Nov 11, 2011, at 10:08, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:

              > Hello Lee,
              > I looked at the factory instructions on DAYSEAL. Here is what I don't quite understand . . . I have disassembled the gasket from the rest of the parts. The metal ring inside and attached to the gasket has holes around the entire ring which are threaded by the gasket on both sides of the metal ring. I cannot remove the gasket by just using a pair of pliers . . . Do I have to cut the gasket off the metal ring to separate these two parts?
              >
              > Thanks for your help,
              > Brian
              >

              > To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
              > From: lee_d_33712@...
              > Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:49:37 +0000
              > Subject: [vacpot] Re: Changing the rubber seal on a Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C
              >

              > --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:
              >>

              >> Hello to our Sunbeam Coffeemaster users,
              >>
              >> To change the rubber seal on the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C, how do you remove the metal "teeth" ring from the seal?
              >>
              >> Thanks,
              >> Brian

              > Check out DAYSEAL.com for full factory instructions under the install
              > page, Lee

            • John A.
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 11, 2011
                The original Coffeemaster seal has 4 components — (1) the large, rubber seat ring; (2) an internal, stainless steel spring; (3) a cup washer; (4) a smaller sealing gasket that fits between the cup washer and the upper bowl. To disassemble, the cup washer pushes out of the recess in the seal. The stainless steel spring pulls out with needle-nosed pliers and will expand once free of the seat ring. (Not that easy to reinsert, by the way) The Dayseal gasket does not use the spring, nor does it have a recess for the cup washer. It does have a shoulder for the cup washer to tighten against and hold the gasket on. I bought one a while back and found that by turning the cup washer over, I could get a better fit. Also, I had to use a thicker gasket between the cup and the upper pot, because I was getting some leakage. It worked fine for me after that. I believe that Dayseal is now manufacturing the smaller sealing gasket as well. The only other thing I noticed was that the Dayseal gasket is flat on top, while the original Sunbeam has a slight concave and fits a little more snugly to the contour of the upper pot. I easily remedied this difference with a sanding spool in my electric drill. I highly recommend Lee's product. He finally did what so many people have only talked about doing — making replacements for obsolete vac pot gaskets.

                John A.

                --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:

                > Thanks, Mark.
                > I thought that I was missing something in the factory instructions, but there is no way that the gasket will separate from the metal ring unless each individual gasket "thread" is cut from their hole in the ring. I am waiting for a reply from DAYSEAL to see what they have to say . . .
                >
                > Thanks again,
                > Brian
                >

                > To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
                > From: kiltmark@...
                > Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:31:31 -0500
                > Subject: Re: [vacpot] Re: Changing the rubber seal on a Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C
                >

                > I haven't purchased the DAYSEAL gasket, but I have dismantled my old gasket and I did cut the gasket bits that held in the metal ring. It looks like the metal ring was originally molded into the rubber. I assume that with the DAYSEAL gasket there is simply a space for the metal ring.
                >
                > Mark
                >
                > Sent from my iPad
                >
                > On Nov 11, 2011, at 10:08, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@...> wrote:
                >

                > > Hello Lee,
                > > I looked at the factory instructions on DAYSEAL. Here is what I don't quite understand . . . I have disassembled the gasket from the rest of the parts. The metal ring inside and attached to the gasket has holes around the entire ring which are threaded by the gasket on both sides of the metal ring. I cannot remove the gasket by just using a pair of pliers . . . Do I have to cut the gasket off the metal ring to separate these two parts?
                > >
                > > Thanks for your help,
                > > Brian
                > >

                > > To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
                > > From: lee_d_33712@...
                > > Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:49:37 +0000
                > > Subject: [vacpot] Re: Changing the rubber seal on a Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C
                > >

                > > --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, BRIAN LESCALLEET <brian1919@> wrote:
                > >>

                > >> Hello to our Sunbeam Coffeemaster users,
                > >>
                > >> To change the rubber seal on the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30C, how do you remove the metal "teeth" ring from the seal?
                > >>
                > >> Thanks,
                > >> Brian

                > > Check out DAYSEAL.com for full factory instructions under the install
                > > page, Lee

              • danw2002
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 15, 2011
                  i have used the new dayseals on a few units, you do not need any of the old gasket parts, ie the metal teeth. just need the metal ring in the center and the down tube, make sure you order the center o-ring as the seal on the down tube will be shot. BTW you dont want to know how long it took me to get the teeth out of a fully hard gasket the first time i replace one, not knowing that you did not need it....shesh...