Re: Making Adjustments for the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C30 Series

  • John A.
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 16, 2011
      Hi Brian,

      Eight minutes sounds about right to me for 4 cups. It really comes down to what your range of adjustments are and if everything else is up to specs, like a good seal, etc. It seems most of these came from the factory adjusted for the contact points to open at 330 degrees with lever on HIGH, and 210 degrees with lever on LOW. Adjusted incorrectly, the element will reach 360 degrees or more, causing irreparable damage. The Bakelite gets rubbery and will begin to bubble like a roasted marshmallow. If you are getting liquid oscillating back and forth, as you describe, most likely the points are closing on LOW too soon — LOW temp too high. Play with it long enough and you'll finally get it the way you like it.

      John A.