Re: [vacpot] Antique Coffee Roaster brought big bucks.

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2011
      I have a feeling Nancy that just seeing one at all would be a big surprise. Although I wonder if most people would even know what it was.  I am not sure I could have guessed it if shown a photo of one.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2011
        That was quite interesting. I've never seen one like that before.

        Many people have roasted coffee in just an old iron skillet and a metal spatula. I've done it a few times. Works OK, but requires more work than a modern one. However, it would be an authenticvintage way of doing it. :) You could also use any kitchen oven to roast, including antique iron ovens.

        Dave in Michigan

        The Hurdy-Gurdy Man,