hey gang, got my c30c in, need a top......

  • danw2002
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
      Hey group, got my new to me c30c in and it passed all the tests, low temp, high temp(might be a bit low, but for now i will leave it alone) but can not brew , as the main gasket is a rock, not even hot boiling water soak helped at all, so i will get the replacement from Dayseal. but the one thing that i am missing is the top, anyone have an extra floating around, either one is fine with me, the metal, or the bakelite, but would like the metal if i can. thanks.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 29, 2011
        You might keep an eye open for a lower pot which often has the lid and is normally sold very cheaply at junk and antique stores or malls. I passed one for 5.00 the other day and see them from time to time, hopefully someone has one, but responses here are far and few between it seems.
        Larry

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
          yep, but no luck finding any vac pots for quite some time, i think in the Seattle area, too many know about Vac pots...but thanks.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
            You might be surprised though to find that lower pot or a stuck together one that someone will sell cheap. I see the lower pots often, I sort of think some people used them for hot water or tea or some other use when they were tired of vacuum pots.
            Larry

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
              Yep, believe me i am looking for any Vac pot, any make, any part, nothing for quite awhile, but i will keep looking, that is part of the disease...ifyouknowwhatimean...thanks Larry.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2011
                Update, found a top from a Tea kettle that was just right for the top Vac pot part, which is the most important, it is just under 85mm, it looks like it was made for it, has the lower lip, fits flush on top across, Bakelite knob top and stainless, so all in all, not bad and should keep me drip less. still need a real top, but i can brew now. just waiting for the new seal....

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 2, 2011
                  Dan,
                  Check your mail or spam, I sent you a note about a sunbeam top.
                  Larry