Solution to grind problems

  • worknomore99
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
      I would have to agree with the poster that using a Yama filter and a dispersion
      screen is the best solution for a filter that I have found yet. After the many
      ruined pot with a glass filter, and trying the Dutch,Sylex metal filter,Nicro
      metal filter,and a cloth filter, I discovered the yama filter,dispersion screen
      solution and haven't looked back yet. The draw up and down is very consistent
      without ever having a failed pot. It makes it very easy to keep a consistent
      brewing time and hence a consistent cup without variation from pot to pot. The
      screen is very fine and the amount of micro fine grounds in the pot are so few
      to be insignificant and having no effect at all on the coffee, unlike a french
      press. Tried that before a vacuum pot and yuck!! I also found a minute in the
      upper chamber to be correct at stated by the one of the previous post.
      If anyone is looking for a very good solution to a filter issue, in my opinion
      there is no better.
    • worknomore99
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
        Also the yama/dispersion screen filter is a cheap solution to a problem that can
        get expensive. I just kept my Baratza Maestro Plus and don't feel a need to
        upgrade. I have other toys that I want more than a mundane coffee grinder!!!
        Try it it works!!
        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "worknomore99" <roddey99@...> wrote:

        > I would have to agree with the poster that using a Yama filter and a dispersion
        > screen is the best solution for a filter that I have found yet. After the many
        > ruined pot with a glass filter, and trying the Dutch,Sylex metal filter,Nicro
        > metal filter,and a cloth filter, I discovered the yama filter,dispersion screen
        > solution and haven't looked back yet. The draw up and down is very consistent
        > without ever having a failed pot. It makes it very easy to keep a consistent
        > brewing time and hence a consistent cup without variation from pot to pot. The
        > screen is very fine and the amount of micro fine grounds in the pot are so few
        > to be insignificant and having no effect at all on the coffee, unlike a french
        > press. Tried that before a vacuum pot and yuck!! I also found a minute in the
        > upper chamber to be correct at stated by the one of the previous post.
        > If anyone is looking for a very good solution to a filter issue, in my opinion
        > there is no better.

      • worknomore99
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
          I know I am getting long winded on this subject, but I wanted to let everyone know that this lets through way fewer micro fines than the Dutch Ceramic,Sylex or Nicro Stainless Steel filters.

          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "worknomore99" <roddey99@...> wrote:

          > Also the yama/dispersion screen filter is a cheap solution to a problem that can
          > get expensive. I just kept my Baratza Maestro Plus and don't feel a need to
          > upgrade. I have other toys that I want more than a mundane coffee grinder!!!
          > Try it it works!!
          > --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "worknomore99" <roddey99@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I would have to agree with the poster that using a Yama filter and a dispersion
          > > screen is the best solution for a filter that I have found yet. After the many
          > > ruined pot with a glass filter, and trying the Dutch,Sylex metal filter,Nicro
          > > metal filter,and a cloth filter, I discovered the yama filter,dispersion screen
          > > solution and haven't looked back yet. The draw up and down is very consistent
          > > without ever having a failed pot. It makes it very easy to keep a consistent
          > > brewing time and hence a consistent cup without variation from pot to pot. The
          > > screen is very fine and the amount of micro fine grounds in the pot are so few
          > > to be insignificant and having no effect at all on the coffee, unlike a french
          > > press. Tried that before a vacuum pot and yuck!! I also found a minute in the
          > > upper chamber to be correct at stated by the one of the previous post.
          > > If anyone is looking for a very good solution to a filter issue, in my opinion
          > > there is no better.

        • worknomore99
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
            F.Y.I.- I might of missed the brand of dispersion screen that the other poster said they were using, but I am using a Astoria dispersion screen. I have a picture of it in the photo section under the "Roddey99's Collection" heading.