Re: [vacpot] Garage sale Silex

  • Dave Leonard
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2011
      I think the glass tastes somewhat better than metal vac pot. I had a stainless steel Nicro and gave it to a friend, as it just couldn't quite achieve what I was getting with either glass or chrome plated vac pots. Glass is the ultimate vac brew.

      I'd recommend investing in a new Yama brewer for morning coffee. It's only $36 for a new one, and if you break a section, replacement parts are under $20 each. The seal on these are great, and they will fit a Cory glass rod. I actually like my 8 oz Yama better than my Cona-D Gold. It has a stronger draw-down, which is close to have the draw-down time (which is a good thing).

      Save the antiques for special occasions or to impress guests!

      Dave in Michigan

      The Hurdy-Gurdy Man,