Is this a McKee?

  • Tex
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
      http://images.shopgoodwill.com/89/10-11-2010/sa13904531011-E2.jpg

      It looks like a McKee, but the handle doesn't look right.

      Tex
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
        Possibly a Sears or Wards made by McKee, will have to look later when I have more time.
        Larry

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
          Looks like a McKee Glasbake vac pot to me. I have seen them on ebay with the original box that look just like this one.

          Nancy C.

          http://images.shopgoodwill.com/89/10-11-2010/sa13904531011-E2.jpg

          It looks like a McKee, but the handle doesn't look right.

          Tex

        • Philip
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
            You have a McKee Model 708-40. Look in the Instructions Album and you will find a copy of the instructions that came with mine, photo and all. The glass-handled vacpots were branded Range-Tec and the the Bakelite handled vacpots were branded McKee. Both were made by McKee.

            I could be wrong, but the Range-Tec brand seems to have thicker glass than the McKee on the vacpots. Again, that may just be a misconception on my part. Anyone else notice the difference in glass thickness on the vacpots (not the ovenware?)

            Philip