Who has the record?

  • Tex
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2010
      Hi folks,
      I thought I'd make my 1st post about my grandmothers Silex.

      She said she got it in 1935 as a birthday gift. She gave it to me in '65 before she passed away. Anyone else have a vac pot that's seen continuous family service for longer than 75 years?

      Tex
    • Bo Long
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2010
        Among the currently living you probably have the Guinness record on that one.

        Bo Long

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2010
          If I hadn't swapped it for an exact one like it I would have had my moms sunbeam from when she got married in 1941.  I didn't see the value in them when she offered it to me when they went out of style in the 60's. I have one just like it with matching cream and sugar so its the same idea, but of course it doesn't count for length of time owned. We do have the Sunbeam Deco matching toaster that has become so popular. We used it daily until about three months ago when some of the elements quit working properly. I had luckily a Procter Custom toaster that is the same kind of period that works flawlessly yet and actually has more options than the Sunbeam.  We still have the toaster though since we couldn't bare to part with it.

          Larry