Dishwasher soak for the pot worked.

  • larry h
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2010
      Chris and others,

      Thanks for the suggestions. I had forgotten that I once did use the dishwasher powder to get a crummy percolator I had picked up clean.

      I soaked the coffee chamber with the dishwasher powder and this morning it looks considerably brighter inside now. I am letting it air dry but the noticeable odor is very faint at best. The water I poured out of it was a light brown so I know it removed a film that washing daily with dish soap didn't evidently manage to turn loose.

      I think my problem may stem from the fact that I had to fashion my own grounds container for the siphonator since the original was missing. The smallest sized drill bit for the outgoing coffee is too large still and lets enough sediment though to taint the coffee. At least that is my guess so far.