Color Ringed McKee Vac Pot

  • nancee
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 10:11 AM
      I have a color ringed McKee vac pot like the one pictured plus 6 other pieces of this McKee line.....2 saucepans (a short and a tall one), a double boiler, a coffee percolator, a tea kettle with a glass lid and a tea kettle with a metal lid with a teaball attached to a movable wooden knob on the lid.

      I was wondering if anyone has any definitive information on this line. I would think they are depression to mid-40's and might have been introduce as a go-along to the very popular Homer Laughlin "Fiesta" line of dinnerware but that is just what I have come up with myself. I have not found any real information on the line.

      I think there is at least one more piece that I do not have and that is a whistling tea kettle....maybe one of these days I will find one I can afford.
      Nancy C.
    • jbengfort
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 10:41 AM
        Nancee, no picture came. My sis is fairly knowledgeable and I could forward it if you like. John Bengfort

        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "nancee" <nancihank@...> wrote:

        > I have a color ringed McKee vac pot like the one pictured plus 6 other pieces of this McKee line.....2 saucepans (a short and a tall one), a double boiler, a coffee percolator, a tea kettle with a glass lid and a tea kettle with a metal lid with a teaball attached to a movable wooden knob on the lid.
        >
        > I was wondering if anyone has any definitive information on this line. I would think they are depression to mid-40's and might have been introduce as a go-along to the very popular Homer Laughlin "Fiesta" line of dinnerware but that is just what I have come up with myself. I have not found any real information on the line.
        >
        > I think there is at least one more piece that I do not have and that is a whistling tea kettle....maybe one of these days I will find one I can afford.
        > Nancy C.

      • Nancy Curtis
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 11:04 AM
          Hi, John......
          I didn't send a picture or attach one. I was referring to the picture that is on the home page for the Vac Pot group.....it is a color ringed McKee vac pot. Just go to the yahoo group home page to see it.

          I have seen pictures of these color ringed pots in "Kitchen Glassware of the Depression Years", but there isn't any real information on them. They do show up occasionally on ebay and I did find all of my pieces on ebay but it has been years ago now. Boy!....time flies!

          I have no idea why yahoo is referring to me as "Nancee"......I haven't changed my profile......strange......I always sign as Nancy C, used to sign as Nancihank......weird....and my email is nancihank@... I have been a member of the vac pot group for years now.

          Anyway......if your sister has any information, I would greatly appreciate it.
          Thanks!!

          Nancy C.
          East Texas