Re: [vacpot] Re: Stalling Update.

  • David T. Borton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010

      On my Yama, I have had stalling one two (old) cory rods--both were very
      smooth on the glass contact surface' There is one cory rod I have which
      has 4 little bumps 90 degrees apart--it never stalls. I would give you the
      number, but I (garbage disposal) broke off that part--maybe Dave, with his
      experience/collection could provide that or comment. John Bengfort.

      John, I believe you mean Corning, not Cory. None of my Corys have the 4
      raised bumps, 90 degrees apart. My Corning does. Patent 1927287, with a 28
      at the dome. BAHarris is always my go-to site for pics. Bump that John is
      talking about is discernable at base.

      http://www.baharris.org/coffee/Filters/GE_GlassRod.jpg

      Love the Cornings but they are lighter. I add coffee after the water has
      migrated north. With the Cornings, I really make sure the water is hot
      enough because water will migrate north at lower temps than the Cory. 195
      or so is my sweet spot.

      Dave Borton

      ~~~~~
      “Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday
      epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we
      experience life and the world.”

      John Milton

      On my Yama, I have had stalling one two (old) cory rods--both were very
      smooth on the glass contact surface' There is one cory rod I have which
      has 4 little bumps 90 degrees apart--it never stalls. I would give you the
      number, but I (garbage disposal) broke off that part--maybe Dave, with his
      experience/collection could provide that or comment. John Bengfort

      --- On Fri, 1/1/10, davidborton <[LINK:

      From: davidborton <[LINK: mailto:dave%40sidewalkmystic.com]
      dave@...>
      Subject: [vacpot] Re: Stalling Update.
      To: [LINK: mailto:vacuumcoffeepotcollector%40yahoogroups.com]
      vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 1, 2010, 7:35 AM

      I guess there is no universal application. On my Yamas, all these work
      without stalls:

      3 varieties of Cory rod

      2 varieties of Corning rod

      1 Silex Lox-In

      What doesn't work?

      Cona rod - This rod has a very different bottom surface that allows silt
      through (no stalls).

      I have a ton of other filters (compulsion hobby? ). I should lay them
      all out and photograph them.

      Dave Borton

    • John L. Bengfort
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
        You probably are correct--I think, as I recollect, I got this rod from you.  The bumps are at the edge of smooth to rough transition. John

        From: davidborton <[LINK: mailto:dave% 40sidewalkmystic .com]

        dave@sidewalkmystic .com>

        To: [LINK: mailto:vacuumcoffee potcollector% 40yahoogroups. com]

        vacuumcoffeepotcoll ector@yahoogroup s.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2010
          Philip,

          I will get the photos of the filters up in the next few days. I am
          finishing up a distribution of Java Jampit to other homeroasters. Once I
          get that complete, I will lay them out, photo them, and get them posted.

          Dave

          ~~~~~