Re: [vacpot] Tired a perk grind, still stalling!

  • Dave Leonard
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2009
      I've never been impressed with any Millstone coffee, although some have been better than others. Ordering good green beans and roasting yourself is in a whole different league than Millstone or Eight O'Clock Bean Colombian. BTW, I used 8 oC Colombian for several years back in the 90's based on a Consumers Report I read. Not bad for a prepackaged off the shelf coffee.

      Dave

      The Hurdy-Gurdy Man,

      From: Gary Henderson <earlgrey_44@ yahoo.com>

      To: vacuumcoffeepotcoll ector@yahoogroup s.com

      Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 4:04 PM

      Larry

      Wow, "perk" grind from the grocery store grinder still doesn't work? That's very strange. I'm not familiar with the pot, but I suspect something with it or the filter now...

      I agree 100% with Roland on the Lox-in rods. They work great for me too. I also like the Sunbeam metal mesh filters, if they could be made to work with your pot, I'll bet that either would be an improvement. I doubt if it's the seal between the vessels.

      Millstone Columbian has sometimes been good and sometimes pretty yucky for me, though that was some years ago.

      From: larry h <larryhollenb@ yahoo.com>