All About Coffee by William Harrison Ukers is Free for the Asking

  • pbpetty@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2009
      Greetings All!

      I am big on books for reference on any subject I am interested in. I will address that with regards to vacpots in another thread.

      In my search for the book All About Coffee, mentioned in another book I have as an early work on all aspects of coffee cultivation, roasting, and equipment of all types to roast and prepare coffee. I cannot afford the $100+ price I found for the average 1935 Second Edition. Fortunately I found the original Edition available for free. Since the 1922 Edition is in the public domain, the Harvard Library scanned all 881 pages and put it into one great PDF file. It can be downloaded through Google at this URL:

      http://books.google.com/books?id=Y5tXt7aoLNoC&printsec=frontcover&dq=All+About+Coffee#PPP18,M1

      The download link is in the upper right hand corner of the page. The version is:

      All About Coffee by William Harrison Ukers
      1922 Edition, not the 1935 Edition

      If this information has already been posted please forgive me for the duplication. I did a search of the posts and did not find this posted. Perhaps some of you will find this as useful as I have.

      Philip