Re: [vacpot] why vac pots?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9 7:14 PM
      Hi Larry, I find it's a tradeoff of sorts. If you use more grounds and less time you get a fuller brew but once you reduce the grounds and increase the time, even though the brew is fuller there is a little more bitterness from over-extraction. I've recently been experimenting with cheap coffee (the super cheap generic grocery store can coffee that sells for 2 or 3 dollars a pound) and I find that if I really load it up with grounds and do a vacpot brew cycle at regular time, the result is actually decent, full-bodied, and doesn't break the bank.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9 7:16 PM
        <<"My favorite reason is the show...">>

        Well said. Put another tally in that column for me.