A good change on ebay...FINALLY

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2009
      I just received the following email from ebay. This change is LONG overdue.

      Important announcement for eBay Sellers:
      Now it's free to upload photos to eBay Picture Services for items you list in Collectibles, Antiques, Art, and Pottery & Glass. Buyers want to see more images for items in these categories-post up to twelve photos per listing and they're all free. That includes A La Carte, Picture Pack, and Gallery Plus photos.

      So hopefully this means that more sellers will be uploading many more images of the vintage items they are selling.

      I have long said that ebay should give at least 2 or 3 pics for free because their policy of 1 free pic per listing was enabling dishonesty (in the form of seller non-disclosure for those who were too cheap to spend the extra 15 cents on a second pic, or learn how to use a free hosting service).

      Now those sellers will have less of an excuse to hide flaws, barring simple human oversight (which does happen), but it will certainly be easier for the buyer to judge more accurately the true condition of an item without having to rely on the seller's discretion as to what they want to include in the description.