Hello Group

  • davidborton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
      Just slid down the vacpot hole and thought I would join the group. Use
      Yamas daily but did snag a so-ugly-its-beautiful, new old stock in the
      box, avocado Cory from the 70's. Grabbed it off a local Craig's list. Guy
      was thrilled to move it at $25.

      http://coffeegeek.com/images/40276/267x200/CoryTime.jpg

      I am hooked on filters, more than pots, so some day I will lay out my
      collection and put them up on GMail photos for sharing.

      Dave Borton
      Milwaukee
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
        Hi Dave

        That Cory is an interesting pot. I have been tempted over the years to purchase one as well. I might still if I see one around again.

        When you say you collect the "filters" primarily I think if I recall right that might be a first here? How did you become interested in doing that?

        Your in the right place it seems, now you will be stuck like everyone else.

        Larry

        > Just slid down the vacpot hole and thought I
        > would join the group. Use
        >
        > Yamas daily but did snag a so-ugly-its- beautiful, new old
        > stock in the
        >
        > box, avocado Cory from the 70's. Grabbed it off a
        > local Craig's list. Guy
        >
        > was thrilled to move it at $25.
        >

        > http://coffeegeek.
        > com/images/ 40276/267x200/ CoryTime. jpg
        >

        > I am hooked on filters, more than pots, so some day I will
        > lay out my
        >
        > collection and put them up on GMail photos for sharing.
        >

        > Dave Borton
        >
        > Milwaukee

      • davidborton
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
          Larry,

          I buy filters (glass rods) off eBay and resell them to fellow homeroasters
          for their vacpots. All the profits go to http://coffeekids.org It is my
          way to keep a good not-for-profit in front of us so that we remember
          that our coffee nirvana comes at a price, lives with less than we can
          imagine.

          Along the way, I have moved probably 60 <?> glass rod filters to
          members. Cornings, Corys, and Silex Lox-in's. I will sell those. When I
          get my hands on a Polan (I hang on to them), Dutch ceramic, and Cory
          porcelains -- well, they stay right here.

          Dave Borton
          Milwaukee