Pyrex lid, is a saucepan lid the same?

  • larry hollenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hello everyone,

      I need a bit of help here. I mailed a pyrex 9 cup pot the post office managed to break the lid
      to even double boxed with lots of room around it.. But it wasn't insured..

      Its only the lid I need. Anyone have one cheap? Also is the lid to the coffee pot which I see
      listed as 7759 on most listings, the same as a A 269 7759 Saucepan lid? They look similar
      but don't have the other here to really compare. Nancy if your out there let me know what
      your opinion is?

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
        Hi Larry, the saucepan lids are somewhat different than the coffee pot lids but unfortunately I don't have a pic of one to send you. Nancy can explain better, but In my recollection, the saucepan lids do not have the two tongues (tabs) that stick out of the side of the lid, that fit under the turned inward lip of the percolator wall (which holds the lid in place while the coffee is percolating and putting upward pressure on the lid).

        Also the percolator lids are hollow in the handle, which is where the coffee percolates up and washes back down over the grounds. The saucepan lids are flat inside and the handle is molded onto the outside. The saucepan lids that I have all have handles that are like a flat fin that sticks up in the middle of the lid, and the underside of the lid is flat.

        Unfortunately all my spare percolator lids are packed up or I'd gladly send you one tomorrow. I have plenty of them.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
          Thanks Roland,

          The pyrex lids came in at least two versions. The one with the long sort of flat handle is earlier. The later ones have the tabs just like the coffee pot and the dome does go up into it. But not sure about the depth and things like that. I just noticed that the late saucepan lid has the same number I am seeing on the listings for coffee pot lids in the 9 cup size. So I thought maybe they used the same mold for both. Unfortunately I don't have a 9 cup pyrex perk to check it against either..

          Larry

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
            Yeah Larry I also forgot about the early 9 cup percolator models. Those have a different lid as well, so I'm thinking that's a third design?