Re: [vacpot] Filtron filter pad size

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2008
      Ron, scratch the previous question. That email fired off before I could stop it. I measured the pad I have here and it's just a hair larger than 3" diameter and roughly 3/8" thick. It feels like a really thick felt material.
      The filter that it came with, you should be able to use though, if you don't mind the brown stain. You can fill a 4 qt saucepan with warm water and bleach solution (add 1 oz bleach for each quart of water) and then vigorously sponge the pad out to circulate the sanitizing water through the fibers for about 5 minutes. Then you will want to rinse it under clear water sponging it vigorously for about another 4-5 minutes to flush out all the bleach water. Then boil the pad in a pot of water for about 20 minutes and rinse it off again, then let it drain in a colander. That should clean and sanitize anything out of it except for there may still be some stain in the fiber which is harmless.