Westinghouse vacpot, one more for the collection

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2008
      We recently purchased on eBay another vacpot for our
      collection. It is a Westinghouse CM6771 and is in mint
      condition. We used it for the first time this morning
      and found it made good coffee but a bit stronger than
      our usual brew. The brewing time is longer than we usually
      have for vacpot coffee. We don't see any adjustment on
      the bottom of the pot. I guess we'll just use a bit less
      ground coffee next time. Anybody in the group have
      experience with this particular model of vacpot?

      We have posted two photos of the Westinghouse vacpot in
      our photo album.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2008
        Hi Ron & Edgar,

        Yes thats a cool looking unit.. I had one for a while and it did work. I think the timing was a bit off in it as well. Can't really recall what kind of coffee it made.. Best part is the neat and rather unusual design of the Westinghouse.

        Larry

        > We recently purchased on eBay another vacpot for our
        > collection. It is a Westinghouse CM6771 and is in mint
        > condition. We used it for the first time this morning
        > and found it made good coffee but a bit stronger than
        > our usual brew. The brewing time is longer than we usually
        > have for vacpot coffee. We don't see any adjustment on
        > the bottom of the pot. I guess we'll just use a bit
        > less
        > ground coffee next time. Anybody in the group have
        > experience with this particular model of vacpot?
        >
        > We have posted two photos of the Westinghouse vacpot in
        > our photo album.
      • Gabe Angel
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2008
          Nice Find Ron & Edgar,  I do have one of these myself that I have added to my collection. I have never made coffee in it since I was a little sceptical about some of the plating has worn off in the bottom of the carafe.  But I did run it thru a cycle with just tap water and it seemed to work fine,except it seemed that the water did not stay in the upper vessel very long even though the seal was in good shape. So for now I just have my westinghouse sitting on display in the guest bedroom,  So far I have not found a better vacpot for everyday use as my sunbeam C20B.  Thanks for sharing your newest coffeemaker.