Re: [vacpot] Combination Wear Ever Drip, Perk Pot photo.

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hi Larry,
      I'm sorry, what I meant by year is that I have several Wear-Ever booklets, each one a different year, and each booklet (per year) shows the line of cookware available that year.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1 6:45 AM
        HI Roland and all,

        Added the requested interior parts for the Wear Ever Drip and Perk Combination pot.

        Thanks to Nancy for digging out the booklet with the 1962 date on it.

        Larry
      • Hurdy-gurdy man
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5 11:32 AM
          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "larry hollenberg"
          <larryhollenb@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Thought I would add to the other pots album, a recent find I had
          been looking for since I saw
          > one on ebay once. Its a Wear Ever #968 aluminum pot that has all the
          features of both a perk
          > and a drip pot. It includes the perk basket and removeable lid,
          plus the perk stem. Then if
          > you wish it has the drip upper water chamber and lower grounds
          basket for drip coffee.
          > Kind of neat in a way, two for one..
          >
          > Larry

          I have a collection of coffee pots and have used them all. I have a
          glass stove-top percolator that has made some very good brew. I also
          have a 12 cup glass Proctor-Silex electric perc that can make very
          good coffee. Both of these percolators seem to do better with typical
          caned coffee, like Maxwell House or Folgers, than my vac brewers
          usually do. I have also used many drip makers through the years. I've
          had two Bunns that have made decent coffee but not outstanding coffee.
          I finally put them in the attic for storage. I used to have a small
          Norelco four cup drip maker that did even better than the Bunns. Wish
          I'd have kept it. However, the best coffee consistently comes from my
          vacuum brewers. I have a three Sunbeam Coffeemasters, including one
          with a broken burner which I removed and converted to a stove-top
          (works great). I recently gave a friend my old Cory (I think it was
          Cory) stainless stove-top vac pot. I also have a glass vac pot (Cafex
          bottom and Silex top-long story) and both a 5-cup and 12-cup Bodum
          electric vac brewers. All of them make excellent coffee. I've been
          mostly using the 12-cup Bodum these days for convenience, as I don't
          have to sit and watch it like a stove-top unit. It makes a wonderful
          brew that is similar to the others I have (all are a bit different,
          but mostly very similar).

          BTW, I roast my own beans these day and get the green beans online.
          The results are far better than what I can buy locally.

          I'll probably continue with my 20 year love affair with vacuum
          brewers, but will wander astray occasionally to test the grass on the
          other side of the fence. ;)

          Dave