Estate Sale - 30 Vacuum Pots $20 each

  • technoweazel
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
      I came across a vac pot collector's estate sale on Craig's List.

      The mother and widow were selling over 40 glass vac pots for $20 each,
      plus they had maybe 15 metal vac pots or peculators for $35 each (plus
      shipping).

      I bought 8 pots that arrived ok in good condition.

      Email if you would like more information.

      Mike

      BTW I know stuff on these forums is up basically forever, so if it's like
      2014 or 6 months pasted when this was posted, forget it!
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
        Mike we're eager to hear what you got!

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
          In looking over my first post in this thread, I think I wasn't very clear.

          The sellers still have over 40 pots left at the prices I mentioned and
          are willing to ship them.

          For reasons of privacy I hate to share their information on an open
          forum so if anyone here is interested in a list of what they have and
          contact info, let me know.

          I personally bought the stuff in the earlier post " The Collection
          Grows" plus a Silex UW8 w/stove for a friend. Press pot guy, saw my
          DXL in action and had to have one :-)

          Mike

        • arttchr98@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
            Hey guys, I am a member and I joined to let you know about these pots. Mike
            that is my mother and sister-in-law. Maybe you will remember that last fall I
            wrote you about my brother's passing and that his widow is blind and they
            have a 5 year old. I can assure all of you that my brother was meticulous and he
            bought many replacement parts for these pots. I don't think he paid less
            than the selling price for a single pot prior to buying parts for them. There is
            no profit being made. But my sister-in-law can't even enjoy looking at them
            and my mother is in her mid 80's and is just doing this to help my sister-in-
            law out. I was trying to do it from here in Missouri while the pots and they
            are in Arizona. Please be fair and support them.
            Thanks Mike for posting this for them.
            Michele

            48)

          • arttchr98@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
              So if anyone needs info email me and I can forward it to my mom
              Michele

              48)

            • arttchr98@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
                Hey folks. I wrote my mother and she said she had every pot left (she sold 2
                more besides Mike's 8) here is the link.

                "I have listed everything on _http://phoenix.Craigslist.org/_
                (http://phoenix.craigslist.org/) dated 1/26/08 to 2/1/08 all recognizable with the # and
                number such as : #124
                With a picture and brief description of each pot and price and that I prefer
                payment by paypal.com."
                She had scammers write her wanting her to cash $2,000 MO's and refund the
                difference.

                Michele

                48)

              • arttchr98@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
                  That was supposed to read ...she still has every pot list (except 2 and the
                  8 sold to Mike) sorry senior moment
                  Michele

                  48)