Vaculator "Dutch" filter in vacpots

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2007
      We recently purchased one of those Vaculator "Dutch"
      filters. Now that we have it, we're concerned about
      using it in glass vacpots other than Vaculator. It
      appears that the substantial metal clip that's meant
      to hold the filter in place looks as if it might
      damage our glass Cory or Silex vacpots. Have any of
      you used the "Dutch" filter in your non-Vaculator
      vacpots? How do you rate the performance of these
      filters?
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2007
        Hi Ron,

        Not sure but isn't the uptake tube a bit larger on a
        Vaculator pot to accomodate that filter? I had one
        but found it unsatisfactory as far as letting grounds
        into the coffee and leaking back while brewing.. It
        may have been the pot I had though?

        Larry

        http://mail.yahoo.com