Perked Coffee

  • larry hollenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2007
      Hi Everyone,

      So this discussion about your favorite Perks got me to use my early Landers Fary Clark
      acohol pot this morning..
      Here is an observation I am wondering about.. Maybe Ian will have a thought on this one? I
      let it perk about 7 minutes very slowly which is the way I think it should do, then I shut if
      off. I start with boilng water so that the pot can easily come to a perk once the flame is
      placed under it. It started quickly..
      Now to the question part. When I have the first cup or so of coffee it seems very hot,
      which is fine, but the flavor is a bit harsh.. But I notice that as the coffee sits and cools for
      a while so that it is not really, burn your mouth hot, the flavor seems to improve and
      seems smoother somehow.. Is that me or is something too this too hot effect?