Re: [vacpot] Re: Mystery Vacpot Brewer Top

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 15, 2007
      Gabe,

      I no longer have the pot to check the filters, but I
      would guess some of our members do and perhaps someone
      will try it and let us know.
      From what I recall the stem on the Lyric was smaller
      than the cory, but
      I am not sure..Maybe we will find out?

      Larry

      --- Gabe Angel <ci_stovenut@...> wrote:

      > Larry, I would say that you are 100% correct from
      > looking at the pic in your album. Now comes the fun
      > part in locating the lower carafe. Would a cory
      > filter rod work on this as well? Thanks for your
      > knowledge on the identification as well. Gabe

      > removed]

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
    • STEVEN PHILLIP LEWIS
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 16, 2007
        I have three Lyric coffeemakers. I looked at my photos last night (the
        coffeemakers are on a high shelf) and saw that two of them have Cory
        rods. One of them even have a Cory gasket. The third has the unique
        Lyric filter rod. Since I am more of a collector of vacpots than a user
        I do not know how well they work with the Cory filters. I bought them
        with the Cory filters and assume that the previous owners must have
        used them.

        Steven

        Larry Hollenberg wrote:

        >Gabe,
        >
        >I no longer have the pot to check the filters, but I
        >would guess some of our members do and perhaps someone
        >will try it and let us know.
        >From what I recall the stem on the Lyric was smaller
        >than the cory, but
        >I am not sure..Maybe we will find out?
        >
        >Larry
        >

        >--- Gabe Angel <ci_stovenut@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Larry, I would say that you are 100% correct from
        >> looking at the pic in your album. Now comes the fun
        >> part in locating the lower carafe. Would a cory
        >> filter rod work on this as well? Thanks for your
        >> knowledge on the identification as well. Gabe

        >> removed]

        ____________
        >Need a vacation? Get great deals
        >to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
        >http://travel.yahoo.com/

      • nancihank
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 16, 2007
          Steven......did you buy a Lyric pot from me? The one I sold on
          ebay had an unusual filter rod....one of the things that made me
          sad to sell it. Thought maybe the one you have with the unique
          filter rod was the one I had.
          Nancy C.
          East Texas

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 16, 2007
            I think now that I read Stevens post again that the
            Lyric filter rod I had seemed prone to letting the
            coffee down into the lower pot while the brewing
            process was going on.. I don't know if that is
            symptomatic of those style filters or not. My kents
            do that on ocassion, especially if the heat isn't
            quite high enough under them.

            Larry

            http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
          • STEVEN PHILLIP LEWIS
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 16, 2007
              I do not remember. For a long time, I kept the ebay auction information
              (I would print out the auctions) but it was just to much to keep so I
              recycled the paper. I also have photos of the box the filter came in. I
              plan on putting the photos on the website some day.

              Steven

            • STEVEN PHILLIP LEWIS
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 16, 2007
                Maybe I will get the Lyric down and try it. But since I am more of a
                collector than a user, I am reluctant to risk something as unusual as a
                Lyric. The only vacpot that I have used is one of the Cory rubberless
                models (DCU/DCL), which I have quite a few examples of. In fact, the
                one that I use has a cloudy carafe so even if it broke it would not be
                a great loss. I have never had this one stall.

                Steven