Re: [vacpot] ebay sellers

  • nancihank
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19 9:12 AM
      Steven.......in cases like that, I have emailed the high bidder with the correct
      information and told them that I had already emailed the seller with the correct
      information. I hope you count me in with the great packers that you have bought
      from on ebay.
      Nancy C.
      Price, Texas
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19 3:36 PM
        Nancy, I never had any problems with what I got from you.

        It is amazing what you get that is not well packed and does not get
        broken. I bought a Silex vacpot with original box. I expected that the
        seller would pack the coffeemaker in the old box and then put it in a
        larger box. When I got it, I was shocked--she had used the old box as
        the mailing box--just packed the coffeemaker in it with bubble wrap and
        put a mailing label on it. The box was old and brittle and coming apart
        but the pot was unbroken.

        And then there are the ones that are very well packed except for one
        thing--a loose Dutch filter. I have gotten at least 4 Vaculators in
        which the seller just stuck the filter in the funnel (assuming that the
        metal prongs would hold it in place) and did not even fill it with
        peanuts, paper, or bubble wrap. One of them was a 4 cup model that took
        me years to get another. It had a perfect round hole where the filter
        hit the glass.

        I always insure glass but dealing with USPS can be a pain. I have never
        had a claim turned down, even with some rather poor packing. When I
        feel that the packing was substandard, I try to reason with the seller,
        pointing out that because of their poor packaging USPS MAY reject the
        claim. In most cases, they will refund the full amount. So far I have
        been lucky.

        Steven

        nancihank wrote:

        >Steven.......in cases like that, I have emailed the high bidder with
        the correct
        >information and told them that I had already emailed the seller with
        the correct
        >information. I hope you count me in with the great packers that you
        have bought
        >from on ebay.
        >Nancy C.
        >Price, Texas

      • nancihank
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19 3:51 PM
          I have had similar experiences with ebay sellers and glass. I don't bid on much glass anymore. It causes me physical pain to see a 60 to 80 year old piece of glass in bits and pieces because someone didn't pack it sufficiently well to make it through the shipping systems. Everytime I sold anything breakable on ebay.....I tried to pack it like it was going to ME and that it was worth a thousand dollars. In the years I sold on ebay, I had one box lost by USPS, but not one item was ever broken. I used to sweat bullets until I heard the package had arrived safely with the item inside just as pictured.

          I don't know.....some people are either just too stupid to pack correctly or to dumb to care about such wonderful old pieces of our kitchen history.

          Nancy

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19 4:19 PM
            ...or both. LOL

            Roland