Knapp Monarch model 51-500 ???

  • sotahtats_gary
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2007
      I just picked up a Knapp Monarch 51-500A Vacuum coffee maker the other
      day and I tried it out tonight. It looks to be made of copper-chrome
      like the Sunbeam & Cory makers.

      It seems to take a long time to reach brewing temperature, but when it
      did and completed the brewing cycle, the coffee tasted good.

      This model does not seem to have a warmer built into it.

      Anyone know this model or other Knapp Monarch models and how they
      function.

      Gary Stathatos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2007
        HI Gary,

        I have several Knapp Monarch models. The ones I have
        all have a keep warm feature? Isn't there a
        "warm-brew" switch at the bottom of the unit to get it
        to brew? One reason it may take longer is that brand
        uses a lower watt burner which take longer to come to
        brewing temp. But it should switch back to low after
        the brew cycle. I think in the photos section under
        my vacpots you will find several photos of the
        adjustment part of the ones I have which is on the
        bottom panel.

        Larry

        --- sotahtats_gary <garym@...> wrote:

        > I just picked up a Knapp Monarch 51-500A Vacuum
        > coffee maker the other
        > day and I tried it out tonight. It looks to be made
        > of copper-chrome
        > like the Sunbeam & Cory makers.
        >
        > It seems to take a long time to reach brewing
        > temperature, but when it
        > did and completed the brewing cycle, the coffee
        > tasted good.
        >
        > This model does not seem to have a warmer built into
        > it.
        >
        > Anyone know this model or other Knapp Monarch models
        > and how they
        > function.
        >
        > Gary Stathatos

        http://tv.yahoo.com/
      • Gary Stathatos
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2007
          The model I just picked up has one red button to press to start the
          brewing process and when the brewing is done that button turns off.
          Next to the red button is a hole with an adjusting screw to set the
          temperature before the brew cycle turns off. I have seen photos of
          later models with the warmer/brew switch.

          Gary