Re: [vacpot] Re: Cory Automatics album

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hi Steven, when you say annotate the pics, I'm not sure what you are referring to. There should be a line for you to include a
      description. I just uploaded some pics yesterday on the mixer group and I was able to do this.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
        Roland,

        In my photo album, when I add photos and view them, there is an Edit
        box. When I click on it I can change the name of the photo and add a
        description. When I tried it on your album, it is simply not there. It
        could be that since you initiated the album, only you can edit the
        photos although others can add photos to it. I would like to add a
        little text with each photo but it may not be possible.

        Steven

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
          Hi Steven, I will check my folder then. It could be that I inadvertently selected "myself and moderator" when I created it.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
            Hi Steven, I went and checked and it's a public group so anyone can add photos. I tried adding a photo to another album called HV
            Euro, and on the upload page it has space to include a description while uploading the photo.

            I went ahead and added a test photo, and it allowed me to insert the title and description while adding the photo, but then once the
            photo is added I am not allowed to go back and edit, or delete that photo. I called the photo "test photo" and in the description
            field I typed in "testing description" before uploading it. I'm guessing that would be where you want to annotate it.

            Evidently, some of the other folders were created as private, as I do not even see an "add photo" link when I open them up.

            Sorry I can't be of more use.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
              I wonder if Larry adds you to the moderators list for a few hours, maybe that will give you rights to go in and edit your pics.
              That might be the easier solution.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
                Roland and Steven,

                I am on my way out the door and just saw all these
                post. Either tonight when I get in or tomorrow I will
                try and see what I have the settings on.. I would
                think you could add to the photos in an open folder?
                I noticed that the photos do have the title and short
                discription, isn't that all that will go in those
                albums space wise?

                Larry

                http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/