Re: [vacpot] General Electric Vacuum maker 129P18 question

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hi Gary, It's one of the GE automatic pots. There is a magnet in the burner (what you call the switch control) that raises up to
      attract that little metal valve piece at the bottom of the funnel. It will hold by magnetic force through the glass.

      The principle is that when the coffee heads north and brews, the gurgling will jar the metal valve piece away from the magnet, then
      the magnet will then retract back down into the burner and shut off the heater...allowing the brewing to finish and the coffee to
      head south.

      Good find! I hope you enjoy it! I still haven't tried one of those yet, but I hear they make decent coffee.