Re: [vacuumcoffeepotcollector] Non Vac. Photo Album Added.

  • Lonnie Chu
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
      Larry, can you scan the article or tell us anything about the Edison Syphonator?  It doesn't come up in google!

      Lonnie

      On 6/8/07, larry hollenberg <larryhollenb@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone.

      I have some neat House Beautiful Magazines from the late teens to the 50's.  I ran into this
      interesting article on the Edison Syphonator when it was introduced in in 1929.   Always
      wanted to try one, maybe I will now.

      Larry

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:vacuumcoffeepotcollector-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto: vacuumcoffeepotcollector-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Lonnie Chu
      lonniechu@...
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
        Lonnie,

        Go to the home page listed on the message to the right
        side.. Then click on the photo selection on the left
        side.. On the second page of photos you should see the
        one listed as "non vac. pots". Open that album and
        then click on the large viewing selection and it comes
        up quite readable..

        Larry

        --- Lonnie Chu <lonniechu@...> wrote:

        > Larry, can you scan the article or tell us anything
        > about the Edison
        > Syphonator? It doesn't come up in google!
        >
        > Lonnie
        >
        > On 6/8/07, larry hollenberg <larryhollenb@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi everyone.
        > >
        > > I have some neat House Beautiful Magazines from
        > the late teens to the
        > > 50's. I ran into this
        > > interesting article on the Edison Syphonator when
        > it was introduced in in
        > > 1929. Always
        > > wanted to try one, maybe I will now.
        > >

        > > Larry
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Lonnie Chu
        > lonniechu@...

        that gives answers, not web links.
      • vacpotaddict
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
          Larry,

          I have noticed that for some reason your albums are not viewable while
          using FireFox. I have to switch over to IE to see the pictures.

          Some pots of mine, Larry.
          Unusual non vac pots.

          Those are the only two albums that I can't see the images in. What
          did you use to save or edit the images with?

          Dave
          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hollenberg

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
            Larry, from what I've seen/read about the Siphonator, it looks like the brewing method is like the automatic drip method of today's
            pots, is that correct?
            You put water in the chamber on one side, then it's siphoned by heat through a tube and dripped over the grounds and the brewed
            coffee goes into the tank on the other side. Is that correct?

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
              Dave, do you notice this with any other Yahoo Groups?

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
                Dave,

                I wish I could answer your question.. I have an apple
                computer and scann them from a HP printer as a JPeg.
                From my IPhoto I load them to the group drop down box.
                Beyond that I would be at a loss to tell you and
                technical details..

                Larry

                http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
                  Roland,

                  Yes that is how it is said to work. I think maybe that
                  article I posted mentions that also? Are you able to
                  view it?

                  Larry

                  --- rsburritt@... wrote:

                  > Larry, from what I've seen/read about the
                  > Siphonator, it looks like the brewing method is like
                  > the automatic drip method of today's
                  > pots, is that correct?
                  > You put water in the chamber on one side, then it's
                  > siphoned by heat through a tube and dripped over the
                  > grounds and the brewed
                  > coffee goes into the tank on the other side. Is
                  > that correct?
                  >
                  > Roland

                  Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
                    Hi Larry, yes I can view it fine. Although, the original image must have been a bit smaller since there is no "size" viewer on the
                    Yahoo version (ie: small/medium/large).
                    I think the issue Dave is experiencing may be related to FireFox and Yahoo compatibility.

                    --- rsburritt@... wrote:

                    > Larry, from what I've seen/read about the
                    > Siphonator, it looks like the brewing method is like
                    > the automatic drip method of today's
                    > pots, is that correct?
                    > You put water in the chamber on one side, then it's
                    > siphoned by heat through a tube and dripped over the
                    > grounds and the brewed
                    > coffee goes into the tank on the other side. Is
                    > that correct?
                    >
                    > Roland

                  • Sarah Perdue
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
                      Sometimes the Mac to PC difference is as simple as deleting the "e"
                      in jpeg. Macs don't have a problem with "jpeg" but many PCs do. Macs
                      will read a .jpg and a .jpeg the same way. If a Mac user is
                      communicating with PC users, often manually deleting the "e" makes
                      all the difference.

                      Sarah

                      Typing on a G5 in OSX (Safari is my browser)
                      Also, there's a weird OSX glitch where some jpegs will appear
                      reversed--lights will be dark and darks will be light. There seems to
                      be no rhyme or reason to it. Using a different workflow to create
                      them is the only solution I've found, and it's the same for a very
                      experienced friend in the newspaper business. A workflow that works
                      99 times out of 100 will produce the bizarre reversed image on the
                      100th time...

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
                        Roland,

                        Are you viewing the page in the photo album it self?
                        If not you can't choose a larger size. I looked at it
                        in the album of the photo section and it is perfectly
                        clear when set to large.

                        Larry

                        http://tv.yahoo.com/
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 8, 2007
                          Hi Larry I used the link to the "New Photos" from one of the group emails. I'll try viewing it from within the album.
                          Thanks

                          http://tv.yahoo.com/