Vintage Steamer...

  • larry hollenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3 6:29 AM
      You all have been discussing auctions with listings that are weird so to speak.. I don't
      know how many got a yuck out of it, but last night I was surprised to see a "vintage stove
      steamer, must see" that was in actually and old white procelain male urnial hospital pan...
      Would't want anything steamed in that!

      I shot the seller a note. She said she felt pretty stupid.. Well it was fun any way.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 8:24 AM
        LOL yeah that's a funny one. You probably know that many old chamber pots originally had lids on them and came in a variety of
        shapes and sizes. I've seen more than one "vintage enamelware soup tureen" that was really an old chamber pot.
        Most old hospital urinals aren't much use anymore (since modern ones are available); however, there is one style of the old urinal
        that's flat (for patients who couldn't sit up in bed) which, if mounted on the wall lengthwise, makes a clever magazine rack for a
        vintage bathroom. Of course you sanitize it thoroughly with bleach first.
        Roland Burritt

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3 12:35 PM
          Roland,

          Recently we saw an item (completed, item #160109642806)
          on eBay that definitely looked like a chamber pot, even
          though it was described as a "stockpot/soup kettle".
          We may have been mistaken, but we sent a message to the
          seller identifying it as a chamber pot. The seller did
          put the question & answer on the listing. Note that they
          had used it to "hand out Trick or Treat" items!

          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, <rsburritt@...>