Another "Frankenpot" on eBay?

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2007
      Has anybody checked out eBay item #180112891029 ? This sure
      looks like a Frankenpot to me. It sure is interesting what
      people can come up with.

      Ron
    • Bo Long
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2007
        Well technically it's not a true Frankenpot since both upper globes
        would be correctly matched with the lower I think, but it is funny to
        see what people come up with. I've seen three uppers stacked up on top
        before. Has anyone seen four yet? Bo Long

        --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <stebchem@...>
        wrote:

        > Has anybody checked out eBay item #180112891029 ? This sure
        > looks like a Frankenpot to me. It sure is interesting what
        > people can come up with.
        >
        > Ron

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2007
          Bo,

          Are you sure either one of those glass uppers would go with
          the metal lower? The metal lower sure looks like the shell
          of a percolator to us.

          --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Long"

          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2007
            Ron,

            Your looking at a small Robot Vacuum farberware lower
            pot.. I didn't look close enough to see if the glass
            parts were the right ones or not.

            Larry

            --- Ron <stebchem@...> wrote:

            > Bo,
            >
            > Are you sure either one of those glass uppers would
            > go with
            > the metal lower? The metal lower sure looks like the
            > shell
            > of a percolator to us.
            >
            > --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "Bo
            > Long"
            > <long9875@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Well technically it's not a true Frankenpot since
            > both upper globes
            > > would be correctly matched with the lower I think,
            > but it is funny to
            > > see what people come up with. I've seen three
            > uppers stacked up on
            > top
            > > before. Has anyone seen four yet? Bo Long

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • STEVEN PHILLIP LEWIS
            Message 5 of 9 , May 3, 2007
              I emailed the seller and the bottom is a Model 610.

              Steven (oribatids)

              Message 6 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                Larry,

                We probably should have looked at the baharris site right
                away, but we were fooled by the spout and what looks like
                a well in the heating unit for a percolator stem (off-center,
                no less). We probably have seen the model 600 Farberware on
                the baharris site, but not recently, and we must have
                forgotten about it. We have become accustomed to seeing robots
                on eBay with a spigot and handles on the sides.

                --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, Larry Hollenberg
                <larryhollenb@...> wrote:

                > Ron,
                >
                > Your looking at a small Robot Vacuum farberware lower
                > pot.. I didn't look close enough to see if the glass
                > parts were the right ones or not.
                >
                > Larry
              • Bo Long
                Message 7 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                  That one was also made with a metal upper. Bo Long

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                    Ron,

                    If I hadn't owned one at one time I wouldn't have know
                    from looking at it what it was either..

                    Larry

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                      Ron and Larry,

                      Look in my photos and you will find both the model 600 (6 cup) and the
                      model 610 (8 cup). These are both with walnut trim. I also have a model
                      600 with ebonized trim but I do not have the globe for it. The two
                      globes in the ebay auction appear to be for the model 610 which, as you
                      might suspect, are too large for the smaller 600.

                      Steven (oribatids)