Re: Gasketed DIU revisited

  • vacpotaddict
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15, 2007
      I emailed back and forth with the buyer about the gasket and
      unfortunately there are no markings on the gasket whatsoever. I did
      get him to take a couple pictures (not the greatest) and send them to
      me. I've posted them in the "Frankenpot" album.

      Looks too smooth, finished and complex to be any "home made" piece.
      As I mentioned before, likely an after market brand. Possibly one
      that was made after vacpots started to decline in popularity which is
      why it's not easily identifiable.

      Dave

      --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "Bo Long"

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 15, 2007
        Dave, Group,
        I emailed the buyer as well. He said he tried it the gasket on a Farberware
        Robot, but it didn't fit.
        The original poster of the message was also asking about the model DIU.
        I looked through all the group emails and I'm not sure if that question was
        answered in the discussion, but for the benefit of anyone still wondering,
        the DIU is the Deluxe Imperial 12 cup (gasketless) pot.

        Roland Burritt

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 18, 2007
          Dave I looked at the pics. Looks like you labeled it a Silex p-259. What
          is that?

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 18, 2007
            Roland,

            The picture with the P-259 label was uploaded by Steven (oribatids).
            He was attempting to find a gasket that looked like the one from the
            auction. The two images of the gasket by itself are the ones that I
            uploaded. The person that won the gasket in question sent them to me...

            Dave