Re: Cory DCL Teapot

  • oribatids
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2007
      Hello heidi99ca2000,

      Cory is a longtime manufacturer of coffee pots. What you have is the
      bottom of a vacuum coffeemaker, the top pot looks like a funnel and
      would be marked Cory DCU. The L in DCL stands for lower pot and the U
      in DCU stands for upper pot. Most vacpots have a rubber seal between
      the two pots but Cory made models that had a ground glass joint. The
      DCU/DCL model has an 8 cup capacity.

      Steven (oribatids)

      --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "heidi99ca2000"
      <heidi99ca@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I have come across a teapot marked CORY DCL. I have never seen one
      > before ( or heard the name). I am hoping someone can give some history
      > on the maker etc.
      > Thanks in advance.

    • Bo Long
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2007
        Heidi - In the "links" section of this forum there are some good
        sources of historical information on makes of vacpots.

        http://www.oldcoffeeroasters.com/vacpots.htm
        http://baharris.org/coffee/

        EML

        <heidi99ca@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > I have come across a teapot marked CORY DCL. I have never seen one
        > before ( or heard the name). I am hoping someone can give some history
        > on the maker etc.
        > Thanks in advance.

      • heidi99ca2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2007
          Thank you so much to "oribatids" and "long9875" for your information.
          It was very helpful.
          Heidi