Some interesting things recently on ebay.

  • larry hollenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
      Fran.

      I had you in mind when I saw that Dunbar go up. I knew you were sweet on those. Glad to
      see you got it.
      Recently we had several rather unual things to look at. There was the Ritz Brand vacuum
      pot which was a new one to me. Then, or maybe now there is another that is a similar
      name I think. Odd how these things pop up at times. Does anyone know the history on
      that Ritz pot?
      As usual of late some real bargains, and a few high prices. Seems balanced more to the
      bargains though.

      Larry
    • cal
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
        Hello everyone,

        I did another experiment.  Using my 12 cup Silex with a cloth filter I used the unit approx 30 times, building up stain and coffee grinds in the cloth.  Then I cleaned the glass, filled with cold tap water and let the unit come to a boil and let boil for 7 mins.  When water returned and cooled I observed and tasted the water.

        - The water did have a slight coffee tint.
        - Taste proved to have a very subtle coffee accent, however I could taste the low quality tap water more so.

        Conclusion:  I doubt the subtle taste I picked up would affect the a brew's flavor, especially considering I could taste the bad tap water more then the coffee residuals.

        I did realize however that boiling fresh water through the unit substantially cleans it and extends the useful life of the cloth filter.

        ... no to the next experiment.

        Cal
      • Ian Bersten
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
          Hi Dal,

          Well done. Your result is just as expected. I doubt if you had conducted the experiment using coffee that you would have noticed anything.

          Ian

          At 10:10 AM 05-02-07, you wrote:

[...]

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          Please note my new addresses: