Re: [vacuumcoffeepotcollector] Not to change the subject just for info

  • cal
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 14, 2007
      No problems, just dont include a page that is all marketing.  There are many many good non-marketing documents on Yerba available on the web.  People are just sick of marketing and a nice forum like this should be without it.  Perhaps you just entered the wrong parlor at the wrong time - you know us coffee drinkers are a bada** crowd justa a wyten for a fightz.  <grin>

      Gary

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 5, 2013
        Hey All,

        Just a quick link to a gasket maker for a few vacpot models. All are food grade silicone, a little pricey but what are you gonna do, right? At least someone has put a couple of my pots back in service!

        http://www.dayseal.com/index.html

        Best regards,

        Peter

        PS. I tried this earlier and had no luck. Hope this is the correct route to take. I think some may find it useful. If I'm being redundant and someone else has informed y'all of the site. Sorry for wasting your time.
      • David Fiore
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 5, 2013
          BTW, while we're on the topic of parts for the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C[23]0[
          ABC], I would just like to mention that a friend of mine, who is a
          machinist and specializes in custom tools, was able to fashion for me a
          gulmite head wrench This wrench is just about impossible to find on the
          internet, and you need one if you want to remove certain screws on the pot.
          If you're interested in getting one, let me know and I'll ask him if he
          can make more.

          Cheers,
          -dbf

          On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM, 1buddaman <punatech@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hey All,
          >
          > Just a quick link to a gasket maker for a few vacpot models. All are food
          > grade silicone, a little pricey but what are you gonna do, right? At least
          > someone has put a couple of my pots back in service!
          >
          > http://www.dayseal.com/index.html
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Peter
          >
          > PS. I tried this earlier and had no luck. Hope this is the correct route
          > to take. I think some may find it useful. If I'm being redundant and
          > someone else has informed y'all of the site. Sorry for wasting your time.

        • John A.
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 6, 2013
            Yes, Peter. Lee Day, owner of DaySeal is a member here. He makes a quality product, and deserves high praise for making many old vac pots serviceable again. In his last post, he was toying with the idea of manufacturing disposable filters for the earlier Coffeemasters.

            John A.

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 6, 2013
              Hi, David. I'd be a buyer, dependent upon price. I know custom work doesn't come cheap. I've always been able to remove the Gulmite screws on older Coffeemasters, but never had success trying to reinstall them because they get chewed up during removal. It is not a tool for everyday use, but when you need one there is no substitute. Keep us posted.

              Regards, John A.

              --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, David Fiore <david@...> wrote:

              > BTW, while we're on the topic of parts for the Sunbeam Coffeemaster C[23]0[
              > ABC], I would just like to mention that a friend of mine, who is a
              > machinist and specializes in custom tools, was able to fashion for me a
              > gulmite head wrench This wrench is just about impossible to find on the
              > internet, and you need one if you want to remove certain screws on the pot.
              > If you're interested in getting one, let me know and I'll ask him if he
              > can make more.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > -dbf
            • littleb193
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 11, 2013
                Hello David.

                I'd also like to purchase one. Please let us know what the cost would be. A picture of what we'd be getting would be welcome as well. :)

                Bri