3472Kory Dru

  • Christine Hartmann
    Apr 15 5:12 AM
      Hi gang,

      I was at a thrift yesterday and saw a Kory Dru for $2.00, at least I think it was. It was definitely a Kory, but I'm not sure about the rest; I didn't write it down. I was going to get it, but remembered what I had read on this site about filters. This one had no filter, just the two glass components. Is there any way to use some kind of substitute for the filter? If there has been previous discussion on this topic, I can't find it. I can't locate the search bar on this site. (If I'm using incorrect terminology, just roll your eyes and feel sorry for me. My cousin tells me I need a remedial course in computer terminology. I call what I think is actually the cursor "the arrow").

      Christine - Mpls

      P.S.: I'm sure there's something, or will be something, for sale on e-bay, but I don't want to go that route. It rankles me that people are picking up things they can't identify at garage sales, then taking a picture and charging an astronomical amount for the item. On top of that, I have seen a lot of $10.00 shipping charges for items that weigh a few ounces. For example, I collect vintage Tupperware, just for fun. The pieces I find for $.79 are selling for $30.00 - $40.00 plus $10.00 shipping. The Kory Dru is not a coveted last piece to a collection I'm obsessed with completing, so I don't want to go to extraordinary lengths to buy a filter. I'm not interested in a $2.00 coffee maker with a $15.00 filter. Just sayin'. But if there is another way to do this, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic