      From: Nancy Curtis <nancihank@...>
      To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 2:33 PM
      Subject: Re: Coffee Grinder - was Re: [vacpot] Re: remove melted rubber

      Yep!! Fancy that....lol!!

      I LOVE your coffee grinder......that is just a great old piece of history. If I had a coffee shop, I would be looking for one whether it worked or didn't work just for the neat way it looks even if I could only display it. I have a feeling that most people, including me, have never seen one before. I only have a few coffee grinders and only two are really vintage......I have an old cast iron top with manual handle, wooden box with a draw for the coffee kind.....then my old 1930's KitchenAid.....the other two are the new, white plastic kind that I picked up at garage sales or the Goodwill....can't even remember where I got both of them. I use for one for flavored coffee beans and the other for grinding pepper corns. I would have more old ones that I have seen and fallen in love with but I am just slap running out of room with all of the other old kitchen stuff I have collected in the lasat 40 years. My husband keeps saying that he needs to
      build me a BIG storage building out back with just shelves, and shelves and shelves. But, I would want it heated and cooled so just any old storage building would not do. What I REALLY need is my own museum.......now THAT would be wonderful but I am enough of a realist to know it is just a beautiful fantasy......kind of like the one where I am 5' 7" instead of 5' 5" and the length is in my legs!! Oh, well.....that is what fantasies are for, right?.....to keep us going.

      Anyway.....I LOVE your neat coffee grinder.....go in there and give her a pat and a wipe down for me.

      Nancy C.

      Hello Nancy!

      Fancy meetin' you here.

      Here's a link to a picture of the model that is like mine.

      http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7969442

      It's really just an 1800s coffee grinder inside a really cool bakelite and polished aluminum shell. I wanted one of these since the first time I saw the extreme streamline design. There is another very similar shouldered version that is drool-worthy as well.

      Mine was a local pickup from ebay. I got outbid, then was literally almost ill when it was relisted with a shattered shell. It was so mint- then in a twinkling of an eye- worthless. I took it for free to keep it from the landfill. No way to really repair bakelite. I "stitched" the bakelite and flowed fiberglass resin on the backside to hold it together. Not a showpiece anymore, but still a mighty mean grain mill.

      I really don't think the Mrs. will let me get a replacement if/when I find an intact one. I suspect she resents the space it takes under a table in the kitchen, lol.

      -Kyle