3241Coffee Grinder - was Re: [vacpot] Re: remove melted rubber

  • Kyle
    Sep 6, 2011
      Excellent! Thanks for the link. 5 pounds would fix me for a month or more. Definitely I would split it up in ziplocks and freeze them.

      My hobart grinder isn't the old kitchen sort, it is actually the kind that would have been in the stores in the 1930s. It's about 3 feet high by 2 feet wide. The metal burr discs are like metal versions of millstones. The teeth tips are rounded smooth from use, but their design allows them to keep grinding very fine. I can dump pound after pound of grains into it with the motor barely getting warm. At around ninety pounds, I don't move it around for multi-purpose useage without really really wanting to, lol.

      I might run some coffee through it to give my cory vacpot another go, as suggested earlier in the thread. I can do as little as a pot full with the grinder, but the first pot will definitely have some cornmeal high notes in the aroma.

      -Kyle