      From: Kyle <hoodoorocket@...>
      To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:33 AM
      Subject: Coffee Grinder - was Re: [vacpot] Re: remove melted rubber

      Where I am, the in-store grinders are worthless, from abuse or neglect. I always want to bring a big screwdriver along to get in there and re-seat those dull burrs, LOL.

      I was always an unapologetic eight o'clock coffee user, but haven't liked where the company has taken their product over the last several years. I'm talking about the beans as well as the slagging of their classic logo.

      For some reason all the companies with brand recognition feel the need, lately, to destroy professionally designed brand imagine and replace it with unprofessional twaddle. I look at the new logos that are replacing the recognized ones (like eight o'clock, pepsi, etc. etc.) and say uh, you paid money for that? or huh, you thrashed your Raymond Loewy design for this preschool scribble with matching microsoft font?

      Chock full of nuts is a pretty good bean, and still has their original logo and color scheme, last I looked. I'm slowly but surely trying all the supermarket offerings to find a replacement for eight o'clock. Lacking a specialty coffee store in the area, the supermarket is better than nothing.

      -Kyle