2872RE: [vacpot] Re: Silex Pot ID

  • Chris Hart
    Oct 3, 2010
      Thank goodness this one was just a buck. I really bought it for the entertainment value of just finding out about it. It is always a thrill to buy something just to find out the history of it and read about it through ads, websites, etc. I now have about a dozen vacpots including beehives and a robot. I continue to use my Nicro daily. I still have the rubber seal and the handle with its chrome ring and lid from the Silex if anyone would like it. I would charge shipping only to anyone who might need it. Sometimes I pick up things at garage sales that turn out to be treasures. I picked up a very old Mesco toaster for $10 to display in my old 30's teardrop trailer a while back. Turned out to be worth some $$. I put it up on ebay and sold it to a guy in Germany for almost $2,000! I knew I had something when I researched it on the net and had to go to the "toaster museum" and click on the "extremely expensive toaster" tab! What would the most expensive vacpot be? In all of my garage saleing, I've never run across a working vacpot. Keep searching......... Chris