      From: pbpetty@... <pbpetty@...>
      Subject: [vacpot] Re: Westinghouse CM-71 Instructions
      To: vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 9:28 PM

      Wow!

      Thank you very much for the instructions and for sharing your

      experience. You have no idea how much help this is to me and what an

      encouragement it is. This group is really great. That includes the

      members and the content. I hope to be able to contribute as well when I

      have the ability. Soon I will have some photos of my modest group of

      vacpots to post in an album. Today I just received my first 19th Century

      piece from England. It was dumb luck.

      Philip

      --- In vacuumcoffeepotcoll ector@yahoogroup s.com, "Ron McCray"

      <stebchem@.. .> wrote:

      > Hi Philip,

      > We have just added the Westinghouse instructions you requested to our

      photo album (Ron & Edgar's Coffee Makers). Hope this will be of some

      help to you.

      > If you check the wattage on the Westinghouse vacpot, you'll find that

      it is 1000 watts! No wonder it gets so hot, brews so vigorously and

      takes a long time for it to cool down enough for the brewed coffee to

      move down to the carafe. These units are way overpowered. It bubbles

      so forcefully that we have to put a wet paper towel over the lid to keep

      coffee and grounds from sloshing out during brewing. Ours does end the

      brewing cycle automatically but since it takes so long, we use a little

      less ground coffee than usual.